INSPECTORATE MALTA Ltd. is the Maltese operating company of the Inspectorate Holdings, a Bureau Veritas Group Company. Bureau Veritas has been synonymous with quality, professionalism and integrity since 1828. Bureau Veritas provides expert conformity assessment services in the fields of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment and operates in more than 140 countries, with 52,000 employees serving over 400,000 clients globally.
Bureau Veritas’ Commodities Division is one of the world’s leading independent inspection and testing organizations, providing global coverage and a reputation for integrity and service delivery.
Inspectorate is a multinational group with capabilities in an extensive range of commodities, providing independent inspection, sampling and testing services 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. Our network of laboratories, strategically located in key trading locations around the world provide precision analytical testing to both internationally recognised standards and customer-specific methodologies. Inspectorate has been acquired by Bureau Veritas as part of its successful global commodities strategy.
Presently we are a team of 34 employees in our Malta office and offer a wide range of activities, primarily the provision of cargo quality and quantity control services, aiming to protect the interests of our clients and their cargoes from potential hazards which may occur at any point in the supply chain.
Our main laboratory and offices are situated in Valletta Port with a mobile laboratory within Marsaxlokk Freeport and Oiltanking Terminal.
Inspectorate Malta is certified to ISO 9001:2008 standard, with the laboratory being ISO17025:2005 accredited which includes sampling to ASTM D4057.
We serve the following sectors:
• Oil and Petrochemicals (crude oil, refined products, petrochemicals products, LPG, LNG, asphalts and lubricating oils)
• Marine Services (Ship to Ship Operations, Additivations, On Hire-Off Hire Surveys, Bunkers Surveys, P&I Surveys, Draft surveys, Lashing and stowage inspections, holds/tanks inspections, etc.).
• Full Fuel Oil testing (ISO8217 – RMG:2010 / Full Straight Run Analysis)
• Full Gasoil testing (ISO8217 – DMA2010 / EN590 / Full Straight Run Analysis)
• Full Jet as per latest Defstan
• Analysis on lube oils and transformer oils
• Key Point testing of Bio-Diesel, VGO and Gasoline
• Pre-shipment inspections.
• Calibration of tanks and spheres